LSU has issued a ask for for info from huge health care organizations fascinated in pursuing a very long-expression partnership with the university that would be centered on LSU sports activities drugs and LSU athletics sponsorship chances, but also consist of other spots of overall health and wellness throughout the system.
The nine-site RFI was issued in late Oct by quite a few arms of the university together with LSU, the LSU Foundation, the LSU athletics division and the Tiger Athletic Basis.
The document suggests LSU is trying to find a health care partnership or partnerships that “leverage the university’s wide property, recognized manufacturer and statewide investments in one of a kind and transformative techniques.”
What does that indicate?
It could necessarily mean any amount of issues, and the RFI is open up-ended, in search of “innovative” proposals from opportunity companions that would aid “bring price to the LSU community and its affiliated entities … progress LSU’s support to and expenditure in pupils, school, and facilities the LSU Sports activities Medication Software the university’s nearby neighborhood and the point out of Louisiana.”
But the RFI also mentions a number of specific “assets” of the university it expects respondents to handle, with particulars of how they would add and extract value. Those people involve:
- LSU sports medication system. LSU is on the lookout for a partner to make investments in new and renovated coaching amenities and machines provide 24/7 obtain to well being treatment for student athletes offer discounted rates for scientific and clinic treatment plans and competitive pricing and billing help for the therapy of scholar athletes. In return, it is presenting investigation alternatives in the sports medication field, as properly as naming legal rights, cross marketing and co-branding strategies.
- LSU athletics sponsorship. The athletics section is trying to get sponsors for its applications, in return for naming rights, branding on signage and amenities, and media promotions. The RFI suggests households throughout the state will pick LSU’s new lover for its possess wellbeing treatment desires simply because of LSU’s brand cache. “LSU and its associate(s) can tell the tale about why they chose to companion, which will most certainly impression the conclusion-earning of numerous households across the condition,” the RFI claims.
- LSU Interdisciplinary Science Developing. LSU is in the initially section of fundraising for its new 4-tale, 148,000-square-foot science developing, which will price an approximated $70 million. In return for encouraging to “catalyze the design of the new creating,” LSU’s wellbeing care companion will have alternatives for naming legal rights, market collaborations and brand creating, the RFI suggests.
- NCI cancer heart designation. LSU is fascinated in any methods or partnership that will empower the university to realize 1 of 3 Countrywide Most cancers Institute designations either additional speedily or aggressively.
- LSU Student Wellbeing Middle. LSU is seeking for a companion to aid enhance on-campus obtain to overall health treatment for all pupils, which could generate co-branding of the SHC for the new partner.
Amongst the two strongest and probably competitors for the offer are the state’s two big health and fitness systems, Ochsner and Franciscan Missionaries of Our Woman Wellness Program, each of which by now have associations with LSU.
Ochsner presents graduate health care instruction for the LSU Overall health Sciences Centre in Shreveport.
FMOL, through Our Woman of the Lake Regional Health care Centre, trains inhabitants from the LSU Wellness Sciences Middle in New Orleans.
Both of those institutions say they will reply to the procurement.
“Our roots of collaboration and partnership with LSU run deep and we are enthusiastic about this chance for both of our establishments to do even much more alongside one another for the communities we provide,” suggests OLOL President and CEO Scott Wester.
Responses to the RFI are owing Dec. 10.