Declaring it is committed to switching the way the dental and professional medical professions are linked, Pacific Dental Solutions (PDS), a large dental assist corporation, has deployed Epic Systems’ EHR at the about 900 dental tactics it supports.
In just about two many years, Irvine, Calif.-primarily based PDS converted additional than 9.7 million client documents from its present exercise management application to Epic, invested 16,000 hrs education almost 14,000 workforce members and clinicians, integrated the new program with existing human means, profits cycle management, and economical systems, and accomplished deployment to more than 885 person supported techniques across 25 states.
In its exertion to advocate for superior collaboration concerning medical and dental specialists, a person of the primary difficulties PDS confronted was compartmentalized health and fitness information, where information are only obtainable to suppliers on the identical platform. To fight this challenge, PDS collaborated with Epic as a guide spouse in the dental area far more than four a long time ago to greatly enhance and improve Epic’s dental module, Knowledge, to far better assistance a nationwide corporation.
“Oral health care is a significant component of overall health and fitness, and this investment has enabled our supported clinicians and their patients to a lot more completely take part in the promise of a seamless, in depth healthcare system centered on whole-body health and fitness,” stated Stephen E. Thorne IV, founder and CEO of Pacific Dental Services, in a statement.
PDS notes that Epic retains additional than 250 million patients’ recent digital health documents. The method is applied by foremost hospitals, healthcare systems and medical educational facilities, and a quantity of dental colleges have also begun transitioning their units to Epic.
PDS said its supported clinicians can now digitally share well being facts about their sufferers with other healthcare specialists, closing care gaps, lowering duplication and advertising and marketing improved in general wellness.
“Whether the patients of PDS’ supported practices go to the dentist’s business office, a clinic, or a medical center, their vendors can now evaluation their dental heritage together with the relaxation of their health-related record from a single record in Epic,” mentioned Judy Faulkner, founder and CEO of Epic, in a statement. “Our collaboration with PDS supports the relationship concerning dental and health-related care, creating a additional in depth tactic to wellbeing.”
Pacific Dental Services mentioned other opportunity advantages of its Epic deployment:
- Seamless viewing and knowledge of affected individual information, like patient visits, lab results, prescriptions, and additional
- Producing far more complete procedure strategies by knowing the outcome oral wellness has on systemic problems these as diabetes, cardiovascular sickness, pregnancy, and extra
- Early identification of disorders, this kind of as diabetic issues, dependent on improvements in gum and oral wellbeing, major to more powerful collaboration with medical vendors and improved affected person results
- Assisting supported dentists and their groups create have faith in with their individuals and additional fully take part in an integrated health care process and
- Enabling individuals to watch their acute well being, principal overall health, and dental health and fitness heritage all in a person put. By accessing their possess health details as a result of Epic’s MyChart affected person portal, people can also communicate with suppliers, schedule appointments, request prescription refills, and much more.