FELTON, Calif., March 2, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The global eHealth devices market size is estimated to reach USD 28.1 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Million Insights. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 9.4% from 2021 to 2028. The growth of the market is significantly driven by the increasing demand for blood pressure meters and care phone/social alarms from the rising geriatric population around the world. Increasing sedentary lifestyle and lack of physical activity gives rise to the lifestyle diseases such as obesity and diabetes. Thereafter, rising prevalence of chronic lifestyle diseases are expected to propel market growth.
eHealth Devices Market Report Highlights
- North America accounted for the largest revenue share of over 35.0% in 2020. Strong presence of market key players and higher consumer purchasing power are the factors attributed to the growth of the market in the region.
- In Asia Pacific, the market is expected to witness a CAGR of 9.9% over the forecast period.
- The blood pressure meters’ segment is anticipated to register higher growth rate of 9.8% from 2021 to 2028. Increasing geriatric population and increasing product launches are expected to drive the segment.
eHealth Devices Market Growth & Trends
Technological development and product launches with more sophisticated functioning and accurate device are expected to boost the market growth. However, high cost of the devices and privacy issues will act as the restraints of the market. The demand for the eHealth devices surged despite the Covid-19 pandemic. As a result of Covid-19, consumers looked for safe ways for health tracking and healthcare providers sought ways to deliver safe healthcare access. This has led to increased adoption of eHealth devices and services during the pandemic with positive impact on market growth.
The blood pressure meter segment is anticipated to witness highest CAGR of 9.8% from 2021 to 2028. Worldwide cases of hypertension are increasing at alarming rate due to the hereditary and environmental causes. Busy and hectic lifestyle and increasing consumption of unhealthy fast-food are the leading causes for the developing hypertension. According to the World Health Organization, approximately 1.28 billion adults worldwide have hypertension, with 46% of adults being unaware of the condition. The rising population aged 60 and above is also driving the demand for the blood pressure meter, as the risk of hypertension increases with age.
North America dominated the market and accounted for revenue share of more than 35% in 2020.The region is anticipated to witness the 2nd highest CAGR of 9.4% from 2021 to 2028. This can be credited to the increasing demand from U.S. for the eHealth devices, including glucose meter. According to the CDC report on National Diabetes Statistics 2020, in 2020 34.2 million, 10.5% population in the U.S. had diabetes and 34.5% of the adult population have prediabetes. This number is projected to rise to 39.7 million by 2030 thereby surging the demand for the glucose meter devices.
Read synopsis or request for a free sample of market research report, “eHealth Devices Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report by Type (Blood Pressure Meters, Fever Meters, Glucose Meters, Care Phone/Social Alarms), By Region (North America, Europe, APAC, Central & South America, MEA), And Segment Forecasts, 2021 – 2028“, published by Million Insights.
eHealth Devices Market Segmentation
Million Insights has segmented the global eHealth devices market on the basis of type and region:
eHealth Devices Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
- Blood Pressure Meters
- Fever Meters
- Glucose Meters
- Care Phone/Social Alarms
eHealth Devices Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
List of Key Players of eHealth Devices Market
- Omron Corp.
- Apple Inc.
- Medtronic Plc.
- DexCom, Inc.
- Nokia Corporation
- PHC Holdings Corporation
- Abbott Laboratories
- Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- Doro AB
Browse more Research Reports published by Million Insights
- Digital Fitness and Well-being Devices Market – The global digital fitness and well-being devices market size is expected to reach USD 99.8 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Million Insights. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 19.8% from 2021 to 2028. The market is driven significantly by the increasing product demand from Asia Pacific. Increasing disposable income and product awareness caused by the rising penetration of key players’ businesses are anticipated to boost the market growth.
- Online Pharmacy Market – The global online pharmacy market size is expected to reach USD 42.7 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Million Insights. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 10.6% from 2021 to 2028. The market growth can be attributed to the increasing number of smartphone users and rising internet penetration, mostly in developing regions, including Asia Pacific, South America, and Sub-Saharan Africa. In developed economies, the market is driven by the increasing self-medication by the consumers due to accessibility, time efficiency, and economic factors.
- Oncology Drugs Market – The global oncology drugs market size is expected to reach USD 436.76 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Million Insights. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 12.0% from 2021 to 2028. The market is expected to witness growth due to the rising prevalence of cancer, availability of medical resources for detecting and treating cancer patients, increasing pollution levels, and changing lifestyles. Additionally, the rising per capita income and the increasing purchasing power are other significant factors driving the growth of the market.
- Cold and Cough Remedies Market – The global cold & cough remedies market size is expected to reach USD 62.7 billion by 2028, registering at a CAGR of 6.5% over the forecast period, according to a new report by Million Insights. The market is majorly driven by the high demand for Over-the-Counter (OTC) products. An increase in cough and cold cases, especially during the cold season, coupled with the rising number of patients suffering from breathing problems and allergies owing to pollution will boost the market growth. Cold and cough medicines are the most widely available and used OTC medicines. Physicians recommend these medicines for minor health issues, such as cough, cold, and fever.
Explore Snapshots by Million Insights, for industry specific reports that provide real-time market trends and forecasts, by condensing the integral elements from our industry reports into bite-sized paragraphs, charts, and tables.
About Million Insights:
Million Insights, is a market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. We have a comprehensive marketplace, that will enable you to compare data points, before you make a purchase. Enabling informed buying, is our motto and we strive hard to ensure that our clients get to browse through multiple samples, prior to an investment. Service flexibility & the fastest response time are two pillars, on which our business model is founded. Our market research report store includes in-depth reports, from across various industry verticals, such as healthcare, technology, chemicals, food & beverages, consumer goods, material science & automotive.
SOURCE Million Insights